RRB Railway Group D recruitment 2018 has started and the exam date and admit card status for candidates who applied to join the railway and work in it has a good opportunity. The last date to apply for Group D vacancies is over and now exam dates and admit card status has been released. There are total 62,907 vacancies available for the candidates. Now the candidate can join Indian Railways by working as Track maintainer, Pointsman, Helper, Gateman, Porter has a very good opportunity. There are total 16 RRBs in the country for which the candidates will get recruited.
Check RRB Group D Result.
RRB invited eligible aspirants for the recruitment of various posts. Candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria set by RRB. They should also make sure that they attain the prescribed medical standards.
To get recruited, the candidates will have to clear the Computer Based Test first. Then the shortlisted candidates will go through the Medical Fitness Test. After that, the selected candidates will appear for the document verification. The candidates can get the detailed information regarding RRB Railway Group D Recruitment 2018 such as Vacancies, Eligibility Criteria, Application Status, Exam Date, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Selection Process etc from this page.
RRB Railway Group D Recruitment 2018
RRB Railway Group D Recruitment 2018 will be held in various centres across the country. Candidates are advised to visit the official website for the updates. The updates will be done on this page as well on an official announcement. For more clarity, you should check the important dates related to RRB Railway Group D Recruitment 2018 from the table given below:
|RRB Railway Group D Recruitment 2018||Important Dates|
|Release of RRB Group D Notification||10 Feb 2018|
|Last Date to Register||31 Mar 2018|
|Application Status||11 Jul 2018|
|Issuance of Admit Card||04 Days Before CBT|
|Computer Based Test (CBT)||Oct – Dec 2018|
RRB Railway Group D Recruitment 2018 Vacancies & Details
RRB has declared total 62,907 vacancies for the various posts. Category wise vacancies are available for the candidates. You can check the vacancy details from the table given below:
|Railway Recruitment Board||Group D Result 2018-2019|
|RRB Ahmedabad||Click Here|
|RRB Ajmer||Click Here|
|RRB Allahabad||Click Here|
|RRB Bengaluru||Click Here|
|RRB Bhopal||Click Here|
|RRB Bhubaneshwar||Click Here|
|RRB Bilaspur||Click Here|
|RRB Chandigarh||Click Here|
|RRB Chennai||Click Here|
|RRB Gorakhpur||Click Here|
|RRB Guwahati||Click Here|
|RRB Kolkata||Click Here|
|RRB Mumbai||Click Here|
|RRB Patna||Click Here|
|RRB Ranchi||Click Here|
|RRB Secunderabad||Click Here|
Pay Scale: For the level 01 to 07 CPC, the candidates will get the initial pay of ₹18000/- plus other allowances admissible at that time.
RRB Railway Group D Recruitment 2018 Admit Card
RRB will upload the admit card on the official website www.indianrailways.gov.in before 10 days of CBT. The candidates should leave the spaces while downloading the admit card for the self-declaration, signature, and thumb impression. The candidates must carry admit card at the time of appearing for CBT/ PET and DV. They will have to carry one identity proof and one recent coloured photograph along with the e-call letter. The candidates belonging to SC/ST category will get the benefit of free travel. The details for the free travel will be available on the hall ticket. RRB will not entertain any request for the change in exam centre, exam date and session allotted to the candidate.
RRB Railway Group D Recruitment 2018 Syllabus
RRB will conduct the Computer Based Test in the month of Aug & Sep 2018. It is the first selection criteria for the candidates to get selected for the next round. So it is very important to give CBT seriously. As per the syllabus for CBT, there will be the questions related to Mathematics, General Intelligence, and reasoning, General Science, and General Awareness on current affairs. So the candidates must have the knowledge of these subjects and topics. You can check RRB Railway Group D Recruitment 2018 Syllabus here.
RRB Railway Group D Recruitment 2018 Exam Pattern
The candidates who ate going to appear fro CBT must have the details about the exam pattern of the exam. The date, time, and venue of CBT will be available on the e-call letter. The candidates can understand the exam pattern from below points:
Paper Type: It will be a Computer Based Test.
Question Type: The questions will be of Objective Type.
Language: The exam will be in the English language. (Candidates can choose their respective language also).
Number of Questions: There will be total 100 questions.
Total Duration: The total time duration to complete the exam will be 90 minutes.
Negative Marking: On each incorrect answer, there will be negative marking of 1/3 marks.
Subjects: The questions will be from Mathematics, General Intelligence, and reasoning, General Science, and General Awareness on current affairs.
Minimum Qualifying Marks for PET: After the CBT round, the candidates will be shortlisted for Physical Efficiency Test. The candidates who will give the exam of CBT can check the minimum qualifying marks to appear for PET.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|PWD||Will get relaxation of 2%.|
RRB Railway Group D Recruitment 2018 Physical Efficiency Test
After the CBT, RRB will release the merit list of the candidates who will obtain the minimum qualifying marks. These candidates will be shortlisted for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET). Candidates shall be called for PET Two times on the basis of their community. PET is mandatory for all the candidates to appear. It will be qualifying in nature. You can check the details as under:
|Male Candidates||Female Candidates|
|Candidates should be able to lift and carry 35 kg of weight and walk for a distance of 100 meters in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down.||Aspirants should be able to lift and carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 meters in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down.|
|Applicants should be able to run in one chance for a distance of 1000 meters in 4 minutes and 15 seconds.||Candidates should be able to run in one chance for a distance of 1000 meters in 5 minutes and 40 seconds.|
RRB Railway Group D Recruitment 2018 Selection Process
The candidates will go through the Computer Based Test (CBT) first. Then the candidates who will score at least minimum qualifying marks will be shortlisted for the second round. The second round will be Physical Efficiency Test (PET). It will be a qualifying round. After this, the shortlisted candidates will be called for the Document Verification. Those who will satisfy these conditions will be finally selected.
RRB Railway Group D Recruitment 2018 Document Verification
The candidates will go through the document verification process. Candidates will have to carry the original documents at the verification process. The list of the documents is given below:
- You will have to carry Matriculation/High School Certificate as Proof of Date of Birth and Matriculation Qualification.
- NCVT(NTC/NAC) / SCVT Certificate.
- SC/ST Certificate.
- OBC-NCL Certificate.
- Noncreamy layer declaration by OBC candidates.
- Income Certificate.
- Ex-servicemen must carry Original discharge certificate.
- Photo Copy of both sides of Aadhaar Card.
- Medical Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PWD).
- NOC from serving employees.
- NOC from Serving Defence Personnel.
- Minority Community declaration Certificate.
- Gazette notification and/or any Legal document in case of formal change of name.
- Receipt of payment (in case of offline payment).
- 5 Self Certification by the Transgender candidates.
- J & K domicile certificate.
- Death Certificate of spouse in case of the widow candidate.
- Ex-servicemen should give the self-declaration to the employer if he/she is applying for this recruitment.
RRB Railway Group D Recruitment 2018 Eligibility Criteria
It is very important for the candidates to fulfill the eligibility criteria. The candidates will be considered eligible only on the basis of the information furnished on the application form. Candidates must fill all the correct details on the application form. If there will be any false details available then the candidature will be cancelled. You can check the eligibility criteria for RRB Group D Bharti from the points given below:
Nationality / Citizenship: For this factor, the candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a permanent settled Tibetan refugee in India who had come to India before January 01, 1962. or
- a permanently settled Indian origin person who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
Note: For all the above categories, the eligibility favor certificate must be issued by the Government of India.
Age Limit: This year, the age limit is a bit different than the last year. RRB has increased the age limit for the candidates of different categories. You can check the age limit from the table given below:
|Community||Notified Age||Revised Age|
Note: For detailed information, you can check the page of Eligibility Criteria.
Educational Qualification: The candidates must have the educational/technical knowledge regarding the post. They should have the mark sheets from the recognized Board/NCVT/SCVT. You can check the eligibility criteria related to the educational qualification from below:
For Electrical, Engineering, Mechanical, and S & T Department:
- The candidate must possess the 10th pass plus National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT.
- For the above department, the candidates must have 10th pass plus ITI from institutions recognized by NCVT/SCVT.
For Medical and Traffic Department:
- Candidate must pass the 10th class.
- Must have done ITI from institutions recognized by NCVT/SCVT (or) equivalent.
- Must possess the National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT.
Application Form for RRB Railway Group D Recruitment 2018
As we know that there are some changes in the eligibility criteria for the candidates of different categories. So, RRB has decided to extend the last date to fill the application form. There is no official announcement regarding the extended date but soon it will be officially announced. The candidates can get the details from below:
Application Fee: Applicants can check the application fee for the different categories as:
|For all candidates except the fee concession categories||Rs. 500/-|
|For Candidates belonging to SC / ST / Ex-Serviceman / PWD / Female / Transgender / Minorities / Economically backward class||Rs. 250/- (refunded duly deducting bank charges).|
Mode of Payment: The candidates can pay the online as well as offline. They can pay the fee as:
- By using Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking.
- By SBI Bank Challan Payment mode.
- By Post Office Challan Payment mode in any branch of computerized Post Office.
How to Apply for Railway Recruitment 2018 Group D?
The candidates who are willing to apply for the RRB recruitment should know the steps to apply for it. You can check the steps from the points given below:
- First, visit the official website or click on the link given on this page for the application process.
- Read all the instructions carefully provided on the page to apply.
- Then do the registration by entering the basic details like your name, Date of Birth and Father’s name, Mother’s Name etc.
- After submitting the above details, you will get an OTP on your registered email id and mobile number. Do the verification of by entering that OTP.
- After the verification, you will get the Registration Number and some other details for the further login.
- Continue to fill the application form. Enter the details of Educational qualification, Community, Gender, Religion etc to fill the form.
- Now pay the application fee as specified above.
- Then you will have to make the preference of the post to apply. Fill the detailed qualification details for the specific post and choose the language for the exam.
- At last, upload the images in the prescribed format.
- Complete the declaration and then submit the application form.
Note: If there will be some incorrect information after final submitting the application form then you can modify the form also. For doing this, you will have to pay the modification fee as Rs. 250. For more details, refer to the page of Application Form.
Also Check RRB Group D Articles
- Application Form
- Application Status
- Exam Date
- Exam Center / City
- Admit Card Status
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
- Model Papers – English | Hindi
- Question Papers – English | Hindi
Details of Various RRBs
The candidates can check the details of various RRBs from the table given below:
|Name of RRB||Website Address||Local Language Choice (in addition to Hindi, English & Urdu)|
|Ahmedabad (WR)||www.rrbahmedabad.gov.in||Gujarati, Marathi|
|Ajmer (NWR)||www.rrbajmer.gov.in||Gujarati, Punjabi|
|Bangalore (SWR)||www.rrbbnc.gov.in||Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Konkani|
|Bhubaneswar (ECOR)||www.rrbbbs.gov.in||Odia, Telugu|
|Bilaspur (SECR)||www.rrbbilaspur.gov.in||Marathi, Odia|
|Chennai (SR)||www.rrbchennai.gov.in||Tamil, Telugu|
|Guwahati (NFR)||www.rrbguwahati.gov.in||Assamese, Bengali, Manipuri|
|Mumbai (CR)||www.rrbmumbai.gov.in||Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada|
|Ranchi (SER)||rrbranchi.gov.in||Odia, Bengali|
|Secunderabad (SCR)||rrbsecunderabad.nic.in||Telugu, Marathi, Kannada & Odia|