The Railway Protection Force (RPF) is the security force of India. All those aspirants who are seeking their career in the RPF can now fulfill their dreams. Soon the RPF going to announce the recruitment for the post of the sub-inspector and the constable. The number of the vacancies will release by the security directorate of Group of Zonal Railways. For the RPF recruitment 2018 process all the aspirants required to apply online. The application forms for the same will release soon.
Through this, we are going to discuss the entire procedure of recruitment process for the year 2018, eligibility criteria, application form. application fee, result, admit card and many more. To get more details lets have a look at the content mentioned below.
RPF Recruitment 2018
The government of India is going to provide a great opportunity for all the individuals who are unemployed. As per the reports it is saying that this time the railway will declare a large number of vacancies for the aspirants looking their career in the field of a railway. All those aspirants who are going to appear for the upcoming recruitment process must first go through the eligibility criteria and then the availability of the application form. Although we will update you with the latest information as per the official declaration. So, keep the constant touch with us and get information. Now, first check the table of the important events as given below.
|RPF Recruitment 2018||Important Dates|
|Availability of Application Form||01 Jun 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||Setp 2018|
|Entrance Exam Date||Sep / Oct 2018|
|Declaration of Result||Dec 2018|
RPF Recruitment 2018- Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the entrance test all the candidates who are in seek for applying for the RPF recruitment 2018 are advised to undergo the following the criteria. It is mandatory that all the candidates must fulfill these criteria.
The RPF eligibility criteria are basically divided into the part. There are different requirements set for different category of individuals.
- Citizenship: All the candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Educational Qualification and Age: Under this different criteria is set for different category candidate.
|Category||Educational Qualification||Minimum Age||Maximum Age||Experience|
|Sub Inspector (EXE)||Must Graduate from a recognized university||20||25||–|
|Sub Inspector (Band)||Potential Band Masters Course or equivalent||20||25||–|
|Constable (EXE)/ Ancillary||As provided in RPF Rules||18||25||–|
|Constable (Band)||As provided in RPF Rules||18||25||02 experience in specified musical instrument|
|Driver Grade- III||Same as for Constable (Exe)||20||25||Heavy vehicles driving license which must be at least six months old|
- Date of Birth: The date of birth mentioned on your matriculation certificate or equivalent to will only applicable. If the notification issued date is between January and June then your age will count from 1st July. And if the notification issued between July and December then the age will count from 1st January of next year.
- Age Relaxation: As per the government orders the relaxation in the age beyond the upper age limit is provided for the below-mentioned category.
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State
of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1st Jan 1980 to
31st Dec 1989. (Unreserved)
|Only for the post of Sub Inspector: Central Govt.employees (Unreserved) other than ex-servicemen, who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular &
continuous service on the date of reckoning.
|Widows, divorced women, and women judicially
separated from husband but not remarried.
OBC-5 years SC/ST-7 years
- Special provisions for ex-servicemen: It does not include the retired/ discharged personnel of Central Armed Police forces (CAPF) and Central Police Organisations (CPOs). The age relaxation beyond the upper limit for the UR by 03 years, OBS by 6 years and for SC/ ST by 8 years after the deduction of military service provided from the actual age of candidates. Apart from this, candidates must provide all the documents including the community certificates in the prescribed format during document verification and correctly mention all the particulars including the community while applying online.
- Physical Measurement: This includes the height in cms (both for male and female) and the measurement of the chest in cms (only for male).
|Category||Height of Male (In cms)||Height of Female (In cms)||Chest (only for male) Unexpanded (In cms)||Chest (only for male) Expanded (In cms.)|
|For Garhwalis, Gorkhas, Marathas,
Dogras, Kumaonese, and other
categories specified by Govt.
RPF Recruitment 2018- Application Form
To apply for the post of Group of Zonal Railway or RPSF the candidates need to apply online only. There is no other mode applicable to it. While applying online, each candidate can the desired application form only once. More than on attempt may result in the disqualification and debarment. In the process, the first two- four alphabets of your roll number indicates the group opted for you and the next two alphabets indicate your category. While the rest of the numbers indicate the alloted number.
While filling up the application form online candidates also required giving their preference for the individual zones. Based on the merit and preference a candidate will consider against the vacancy of that group and the allocated zonal railway. Also. candidates are only allowed to apply for one group only. Otherwise, it will result in the rejection of applications. Candidates can fill the application form either in English or in the Hindi language. Now, in the further sections, we are going to discuss with you all regarding its application fee and the procedure of filling up the application form online.
RPF Application Fee 2018
All those candidates who are applying for the posts of Constable/Sub Inspector need to pay a certain amount of fee for appearing in the examination. You can check the application fee category wise from the table given below.
|All the Candidates except the fee concession Categories||Rs. 500/-|
|SC / ST / Ex-Serviceman/ Female/ Minorities/ Economically Backward Class Candidates||Rs. 250/-|
Mode of Payment: While applying online you are required to make the payment online. For this, there are two modes available to the candidates i.e the online mode and the offline mode.
- Online Mode: You can make the online payment through the debit card/ credit card/ internet banking.
- Offline Mode: You can make the payment offline either through-
- SBI Bank Branch for Challan Payment
- Post office Challan payment mode in any branch of computerized Post Office.
For more information, you can visit our application form page and get all the desired information in detail.
How to Fill RPF Recruitment Form 2018?
Now, there are certain steps which are required by all the desired candidates to follow while filling applying online for RPF recruitment 2018.
- Firstly, click on the link of online application form for the recruitment of Constable/ Sub- Inspector.
- Here, you need to give your confirmation by checking in the checkbox provided.
- Now, register yourself by entering your information such as name, Date of Birth and Father’s name, Mother’s Name, Aadhar number, State/UT, Community, Education Board, SSLC/Matric Roll number, year of passing SSLC/Matric, mobile number and email id.
- After registration, you will receive your registration and the password required for the further recruitment process.
- Now, fill the application form consisting of the fields such as- Educational qualification, Community, Gender, Religion, Ex-SM, Minority, Economically backward class, Age relaxation eligibility category as applicable and other details.
- After this, you will direct towards the page of payment. Select your option online or offline and follow the further instructions. For details visit the application form page as given above.
- Further provide your Detailed Educational Qualification, choice of Group and preference of Zone/RPSF, choice of exam language for CBT etc.
- Now, upload the required documents in accordance with the specific specifications.
- At end confirm your declaration, the entire application form will appear on your screen. Make ensure that all the details are correctly entered.
- Take the print out of your application form and keep it safe with you for further use.
Modifications To Application Form:
After the successful submission of the application form online if a candidate required to make changes to the provided details then by making the payment of Rs, 250/-. This modification fee is non-refundable and it is applicable to all the candidates. You can only make the changes to the registration and the application form details twice the time.
Though a candidate cannot change his/ her registration number, email id, and the mobile number.
RPF Recruitment 2018- Admit Card
All the candidates who are appearing for the RPF recruitment process are required to carry the admit card (e-call letter) along with you on the day of the examination. All those candidates who are eligible for the process will receive the admit card via SMS or e-mail. Before CBT candidates are required to download your admit card from its official website.
Procedure To Download RPF Recruitment 2018 Admit Card
In order to download your admit card online, all the candidates are required to follow certain steps as given below. Let’s check it out them.
- Visit the official website or you can also directly access your admit card online through the link will available on this page.
- As you click on the available link of the admit card you will proceed to the login window.
- Enter the login credentials required and click on the submit button.
- Now, your admit card will appear on your screen.
- Check all the details displaying on your admit card and download it.
- Now, take the print out of your admit card as you are required to carry along with you to the examination centre.
Recruitment Process of RPF Recruitment 2018
Basically, RPF Recruitment process for the year 2018 is divided into the four phases.
1st Phase: Computer Based Test (CBT)
2nd Phase: Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
3rd Phase: Trade Test
4th Phase: Document Verification
Now, we are going to discuss all the phases of the RPF recruitment process one by one.
Phase 1- Computer Based Test (CBT)–
This is the first stage of the recruitment process. All the desired candidates who are seeking to appear for the recruitment process have to appear for the CBT test. The test will conduct at different centers across India for all the Groups. The test is available in different languages such as- Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Oriya, Punjabi Assamese, and Manipuri. A candidate can choose any one option from it. You can refer the CBT test pattern from the table as given below.
|Posts||General Awareness||Arithmetic||General Intelligence & Reasoning||Total No. of questions||Time (In Minutes)|
|Sub Inspector (EXE)||50||35||35||120||90|
|Driver Gr III||20||20||20||60||45|
Note: (i) There is negative marking in the computer-based test (CBT ). 1/3 mark will deduct for the wrong answer. And against the correct answer, you are awarded 01 marks.
(ii) There will no CBT for the post of Constable( Band) and Sub-Inspector (Band).
Phase 2- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
Now, this is the second stage of the process. All those ones who clear the CBT are eligible for appearing for PET and PMT tests. Importantly, ex-servicemen are exempted from PET. However, they have to appear for PMT. Refer the pattern of PET/ PMT from the table given below.
|Category||1600 meters||800 meters||Long Jump||High Jump|
|Sub Inspector (Exe)||6 min 30 secs||–||12 ft||3 ft 9 inch|
|Sub Inspector female (Exe)||–||4 mins||9 ft||3 ft|
|Constable||5 min 45 secs||–||14 ft||4 ft|
|Constable female||–||3 min 40 secs||9 ft||3 ft|
|Constable Band||–||3 min 40 secs||9 ft||3 ft|
|Ancillary Staff||–||3 min 40 secs||9 ft||3 ft|
|Driver Gr III||6 min 30 secs||–||12 ft||3 ft and 9 inch|
Phase 3- Trade Test
All those candidates who clear the PET/ PMT test are eligible for the Trade test for the post of sub-inspector(Band), constable(Band), constable (Ancillary) and Driver Gr.III.
|Barber||Handling of tools, Hair Cutting, Shaving|
|Sweeper||Cleaning of a septic tank, Sweeping, Cleaning of toilets, Cleaning of
Bathrooms, mopping floor, etc.
|Washerman||Washing, folding, and Ironing of clothes.|
|Water Carrier||(a) Washing & cleaning of vessels, (b) Kneading of Atta and making chapatis, Cutting of vegetables, and ( c) Any one of the following: Cooking Rice I Vegetable I Dal I Sambar I Meat I Fish I
|Gardener||Any two of the following : (i) Transplantation, (ii) Making grafts,
(iii) Maintenance of plants, knowledge of seeds and their sowing
season, fertilizers and indigenous manures.
|Tailor||Any two of the following : (i) Taking measurement and stitching of
shorts, (ii) Capability to carry out minor repairs, maintenance &
trouble-shooting of sewing machine, (iii) knowledge of tools I
machines used in cutting, tailoring, etc.
|Cobbler||Knowledge of shoe repair, Shoe-polishing, punching neat holes in leather.|
Phase 4- Document Verification
This is the fourth and the last stage of the recruitment process. All those candidates who clear the PET/ PMT/ Trade test need to bring the following certificates.
- Matriculation Certificate as age proof
- Graduation/ Matriculation certificate as educational qualification proof
- Caste Certificate ( for SC, ST or OBC candidates)
- Discharge Certificate for ex-servicemen
- Two copies of self-attested colored photograph
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the present employer in case of serving Govt. Employees,
- Domicile certificate if applicable
- Driving License, Trade I experience certificate if applicable
RPF Recruitment 2018- Answer key
After the CBT test, the board of government releases the answer key of the question paper appeared. All the candidates who appeared for the test can cross-check their answer through it. This will help in analyzing the performance as well as the result of an individual. Candidates can check their answer key online. Then the qualified students will further appear for the PET/ PMT and trade test. After that, there will be a declaration of the result and on the basis of this merit list will perform.
RPF recruitment 2018- Result
As discussed above, the RPF recruitment process consists of the four phases of recruitment. Therefore, the result will also in the four phases. Every individual must clear all the phases in order to grab a seat.
Computer-Based Test Result
After the completion of CBT, the result of this stage will available. The result will declare expeditiously in the pdf format. It will announce in the incrementing order of the Roll Numbers. At this stage, the merit will also be prepared but it will not be revealed to the candidates. The authority will prepare the merit list for a particular group in which that candidate belongs. The candidates of Group F will be included in the merit list of RPSE. Once the result of CBT will be declared, the qualified candidates will be called for the next round i.e. PET/ PMT.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Measurement Test (PMT) Result
Once the Phase-I will be completed, the candidates who had been called for PET/ PMT will get their results. It will be in the pdf format. It will have the list of the shortlisted candidates. Although this stage is only qualifying stage and the marks will not be considered for the final selection. But the candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of this stage for the next phase.
Trade Test Result
Trade test is for the candidates who will get shortlisted from PET/ PMT. The candidates who had applied for the recruitment of posts of Sub Inspector (Band), Constable (Band), Constable (Ancillary) and Driver Gr. The candidates will be tested on the parameters decided by the authority. Then the candidates will be called for the Medical Examination.
Medical Test Result
The candidates who will be shortlisted from the trade test will be called for the Medical Test. The concerned PCSCs shall arrange for the medical examination of selected candidates at railway hospitals. The candidates will get the result in the pdf format. Then they will have to go through the Document Verification Process.
RPF Recruitment 2018- Merit List
On the basis of the results of each phase of the recruitment process, the overall merit list is prepared. The list consists of the names of all the qualified candidates in the recruitment process. The candidates who will be called for the document verification will be shortlisted through a merit list. RPF Merit List 2018 will be available in the pdf format. The list will contain the name of the candidates on the basis of the marks they will get. They will be placed according to the decreasing order of the marks.
List of Headquarters for RPF Recruitment 2018
All the candidates who will select for the Group F vacancies of RPSF will get their postings in the following headquarters. There are total 15 battalions of RPSF. Check the names of it from the table given below.
|3rd||Lucknow, U .P|
|4th||New Jalpaiguri, W.B.|
|7th||Moula Ali, Secunderabad, A.P.|
|11th||Garhara Yard, Bihar|
|12th||Thakurali Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|13th||New Coochbehar, West Bengal|
|15th||Asansol, West Bengal|
RPF Recruitment 2018- Syllabus
RPF recruitment process for the year 2018 consists of the four stages as discussed above. As the first stage is the most important stage consisting of the online test. In the first stage, a candidate’s skills are tested on the basis of the general awareness and the logical skills. In the rest of the stages, a candidate is tested physically. So, here check out the syllabus of the CBT and prepare well.
Computer Based Test (CBT) is divided into the three sections- General Awareness, Arithmetic, and General Intelligence and Reasoning.
The general awareness section consists of the questions on the basis of current events. It also includes the questions of history, Art & Culture, Geography, Economics, General Politics, Indian
Constitution, Sports, General Science.
The second section is of arithmetic consists of the questions on Number systems, whole numbers, decimal and fractions and relationships between numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, percentages, ratio and proportion, averages, interest, profit and loss, discount, use of table and graphs, mensuration, time and distance, ratio and proportion.
The last section is of general intelligence and reasoning consist of the questions on analogies, similarities, and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem-solving analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning.