Candidates who are interested in RPF Constable recruitment 2018 have to go through a series of examination to finally get selected for the post of constable. The first stage of selection is a computer-based test (CBT) in which candidates have to appear for online examination which focuses on the knowledge about the general awareness, Arithmatics and General intelligence and reasoning. Candidates declared qualified in this stage have to appear for next stage which are Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Measurement Test (PMT) and Document Verification (DV).
RPF Constable Exam Pattern 2018
CBT will be of 90 minutes in which candidate has to answer 120 Question also the standard of the examination will be 10th/Matric level. Candidates who will score the minimum qualifying marks will be declared as eligible for next round of the selection process.
Minimum Qualifying marks: It will be necessary to obtain 35% marks (30 % marks by SC and ST candidates) to qualify in the CBT.
Candidates shall have following language options for Computer Based Test (CBT) out of which they shall have opt for any one.
- Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Gujurati, Bengali, Odia, Assamese, Manipuri, Punjabi
The date, time and venue for all the activities, namely, CBT, PET, PMT and DV or any other additional activity, as applicable, shall be fixed by CRC and shall be intimated in due course. Request for postponement of any of the above activity or for change of venue, date and shift will not be entertained under any circumstances
Candidates will be required to answer all questions and shall be awarded 01(one) mark for each correct answer. Negative marks shall be awarded for every wrong answer. 1/3 marks shall be deducted for every wrong answer. No mark shall be awarded or deducted for questions not attempted.
- The date and time for CBT shall be held at different centres across the country simultaneously for all the Groups
- Computer Based Test (CBT) shall be held simultaneously for all Zonal Railways and RPSF.
- Admission to all stages of recruitment process shall be purely provisional, subject to the candidates satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
- All the eligible candidates have to undergo a Computer Based Test on the specified date, time and venue as per the e-call letter to be downloaded by the candidates from the websites of Indian Railways. The information about the e-call letter download shall be communicated through the websites as well as personnel email communication to the candidates.
Physical Efficiency Test & Physical Measurement
Based on the merit of the candidates in the CBT, candidates will be called for PET and PMT to the extent of 10 times the category wise total vacancy in Group of Zonal Railways/RPSF notified. However, this limit may be increased/decreased as required ensuring availability of adequate candidates for all the notified posts. Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature.